From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Soft scrolling on framebuffer consoles - New versions of the patches.
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2021 07:37:26
1 On Thursday, 7 October 2021 20:46:51 BST Alan Mackenzie wrote:
2
3 > Here are the latest versions of my soft scrolling patch for the kernel
4 > lines 5.10.xx and 5.14.xx. They fix bugs where a PC would crash if it
5 > was initialised with a 25x80 console and later changed to a full
6 > resolution frame buffer screen. It also now works (so I am told) for
7 > kernels initialised with parameters like vga=791.
8
9 --->8
10
11 Thank you for your efforts on all our behalf Alan.
14 Regards,
15 Peter.