From: HG <haijiangg@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] XFCE4 problem when using package CD installation
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 13:49:09
1 Thanks, Bryan. After emerge gentoolkit and
2 revdep-rebuild, Problem Solved!
3
4 --- Bryan Whitehead <driver@×××××××××.net> wrote:
5
6 > run revdep-rebuild to find broken
7 > libraries/programs.
11 > On Thu, 22 Sep 2005, HG wrote:
12 >
13 > > Hi, All,
14 > >
15 > > I am a pretty new user to Gentoo and I like it! I
16 > am
17 > > trying to install XFce4 by gentoo 2005.1 package
18 > CD.
19 > > But each time when I do "startxfce4", it always
20 > gives
21 > > me a error message "error when loading shared
22 > > libraries". Did I miss anything during the
23 > > installation?
24 > >
25 > > Here is what I did to install Xfce4
26 > > put the package CD in
27 > > mount /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom
28 > > export PKGDIR=/mnt/cdrom
29 > > emerge --usepkgonly xfce4
30 > > then I update rc.conf(using xdm and
31 > XSESSION="Xfce-4"
32 > > and also make a .xsession(exec startxfce4) in my
33 > home
34 > > directory)
35 > >
36 > > My machine is kind of old(PII 400). that is why I
37 > am
38 > > trying to use package CD to install everything.
39 > >
40 > > Thanks.
41 > > Haijiang
44 > --