From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Do we have to build gcc with fortran now?
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 18:37:06
1 Dale wrote:
2 > Todd Goodman wrote:
3 >>
4 >> Well, I don't have fortran use enabled
5 >>
6 >> mail-proxy ~ # euse -i fortran
7 >> global use flags (searching: fortran)
8 >> ************************************************************
9 >> [- ] fortran - Adds support for fortran (formerly f77)
10 >>
11 >> local use flags (searching: fortran)
12 >> ************************************************************
13 >> no matching entries found
14 >>
15 >> However, kde-base/kde-meta-4.6.4 pulls in kde-base/kdeedu-meta-4.6.4
16 >> which pulls in kde-base/kantor which pulls in dev-lang/R (since my
17 >> profile
18 >> has the R use flag enabled) which pulls in virtual/blas which pulls in
19 >> sci-libs/blas-reference-20070226 which then craps out since I don't have
20 >> the fortran use flag enabled.
21 >>
22 >> My solution is to force -R in make.conf
25 > Let me make a note of that, in make.conf of course. ;-)
26 >
27 > Thanks.
28 >
29 > Dale
30 >
31 > :-) :-)
34 When I did that, it complained that cantor was built with no backend.
35 Did you get the same thing? It said this here:
36
37 WARN (postinst)
38
39 You have decided to build cantor with no backend.
40 To have this application functional, please do one of below:
41 # emerge -va1 '='kde-base/cantor-4.6.4 with 'R' USE flag enabled
42 # emerge -vaDu sci-mathematics/maxima
43
44 So, I did the later and it needs to emerge several packages that I
45 didn't have before. Looks like I can either have a bit of bloat on one
46 side or a bit of bloat on the other side. o_O
47
48 I mention just in case you didn't notice the message and then something
49 borks on next login.
50
51 Dale
52