From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: KDE 5 MTP failure
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2017 17:43:46
1 On 2017-06-16, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On 2017-06-16, Ian Zimmerman <itz@×××××××.net> wrote:
3 >
4 >> The last time I tried MTP was on Debian maybe 2 years ago or 3 years,
5 >> using the jmtpfs package. IIRC this was what happened; yes, I could see
6 >> individual files, but only certain types, and only in certain
7 >> directories.
8 >
9 > Interesting. I just tried it on my Moto G, and it appears that I see
10 > absolutely everything, but now it's only the SD card. The last time I
11 > tried it (probably almost a year ago), I saw the internal storage
12 > also. All I ever want to transfer is to/from the SD card, so it's
13 > still good enough for me, but it doesn't work the way you want it to
14 > (which is how it used to work).
15
16 At least it's not just me:
17
18 https://forums.androidcentral.com/moto-x-pure-edition/622358-6-0-marshmallow-internal-memory-storage-does-not-show-up-when-connected-laptop-via-usb.html
19
20 This seems to be how Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) works if you've
21 formatted your SD card for 'Internal' use and opted to "migrate" your
22 data to it. The internal flash is no longer made available via MTP.
25 > phone
26 > └── SD card
27 > ├── AI Factory Stats
28 > │   └── Backgammon.stats
29 > ├── Alarms
30 > ├── albumthumbs
31 > │   ├── 1418949716037
35 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! My EARS are GONE!!
36 at
37 gmail.com