From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gcc and glibc. Which unstable to pick?
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2011 10:10:59
1 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On Friday 08 July 2011 08:14:00 justin did opine thusly:
3 >
4 >> On 7/7/11 11:14 PM, Alan McKinnon wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> On Thursday 07 July 2011 16:01:27 Dale did opine thusly:
7 >>>
8 >>>> As the list knows, I been having random lock ups on my system.
9 >>>> I'm in the process of one last emerge -e world but I'm not
10 >>>> holding my breath it will change anything. So, I'm wanting
11 >>>> to try a unstable
12 >>>>
13 >>>
14 >>>> version of both gcc and glibc. This is the list available:
15 >>>>
16 >>> gcc-4.5.2 works just fine here
17 >>> glibc-2.13-r3 no problems
18 >>>
19 >> this has multilpe issues, which I hit myself. But there should be a
20 >> revbump soon which gets that fixed.
21 >>
22 > Are these issues documented somewhere?
23 >
24 > I haven't seen any problems on either package on my stuff
29 Alan, while you got a eye open. Can you try to do a search for all bugs
30 related to konsole and glibc? When I go to BGO's search and try to
31 search for that on ALL bugs including closed ones, I never get anything
32 but the "please stand by" screen or a blank screen. It acts like it is
33 searching but never returns anything. I go here:
34
35 https://bugs.gentoo.org/query.cgi
36
37 Make sure you select ALL for the status. I was wanting to see if there
38 was any problems reported but fixed in some way.
39
40 I'm just curious if it is me or a website problem.
41
42 Thanks.
43
44 Dale