From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] how to restart the network, no net.enp1s0
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2022 15:37:57
1 On Friday, 21 January 2022 12:48:51 GMT n952162 wrote:
2
3 > It used to be that you could restart the network with:
4 >
5 > rc-service net.enp1s0 restart
6 >
7 > which would use the link in /etc/init.d. But that link is now gone,
8 > although the network works. Something fundamental has changed, I think,
9 > and I thought it would pop out here, but I guess I'm the only one still
10 > using openrc.
11
12 Au contraire; my /etc/init.d/net.eth0 is still present. Or are you talking
13 about a ~amd64 system? Mine's not ~.
14
15 This machine faces no prospect of net interfaces coming and going, so I
16 specify net.ifnames=0 on the kernel command line to keep the eth0 name.
19 Regards,
20 Peter.