From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xfce4 tray icon problems
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2010 13:57:40
1 On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 8:23 PM, Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
2 <SNIP>
3 >
4 > Thanks Mark.  I really think this is a different issue.  I emerged
5 > tango-icon-theme with no change.  I have all icons except those that
6 > should be in the system tray, and even those missing system tray icons
7 > do appear in the xfce4 menu.  There are no blank placeholders or
8 > anything like that.  They just don't show up in the system tray at
9 > all.
10 >
11 > I did notice this from Twinkle:
12 >
13 > X Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 3
14 >
15 > I researched it on Google but got nowhere.
16 >
17 > - Grant
18
19 Yeah, it's different unfortunately.
20
21 I'm curious as to whether you see this with a new user account on the
22 failing machine? Possibly it's something left over in the .config/xfce
23 directory saved from earlier days that's causing you problems? New
24 user, new directory, simple test.
25
26 - Mark