From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] fix for e2fsprogs BLOCK?
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2008 14:54:01
1 Dirk Heinrichs wrote:
2 > Am Donnerstag 06 November 2008 08:21:26 schrieb ext KH:
5 >> Well that's the point. You want to get rid of them. So you are unmerging
6 >> them. The moment something fails after unmerging and before emerging the
7 >> new packages, you will be very happy to have your old packages. You just
8 >> put them pack in place and you have a running system again. It's a
9 >> seatbelt.
12 > That's why
13 >
14 > 1) I use paludis, no seatbelts required. One can safely de-install com_err and
15 > ss _after_ upgrading e2fsprogs and e2fsprogs-libs.
16 >
17 > 2) I outlined to first emerge -f e2fsprogs e2fsprogs. It's known that wget
18 > will fail after unmerging com_err, so the new packages need to be fetched
19 > first. That's all. No need to make the thing more complicated than it is.
20 >
21 > Bye...
22 >
23 > Dirk
26 But not everyone uses paludis. So those that don't do it this way. I
27 agree it is the safest way.
28
29 Dale
30