From: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Whats the best way to allow a low privilege user to halt a machine?
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2006 10:05:42
1 · William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>:
2
3 > Whats the best way to allow a low privilege user to halt a gentoo
4 > machine? I would rather it be done without sudo/being added to the
5 > wheel group.
6
7 Why's that? Why not use sudo?
8
9 > Box is a mythtv frontend and I want halt to be executed from within myth
10 > - thats fine, but without sudo and being in the wheel group, it cant
11 > actually do it.
12
13 Pardon? Why not run "sudo $cmd" from mythtv?
14
15 Alexander Skwar
16 --
17 Coding is easy; All you do is sit staring at a terminal until the drops
18 of blood form on your forehead.
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list