From: Robin Atwood <robin@×××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Fdisk reports new HD as 10MiB
Date: Sat, 06 Jul 2019 14:28:32
1 On Sat, 06 Jul 2019 11:14:38 +1000
2 Paul Colquhoun <paulcol@×××××××××××××××××.au> wrote:
3
4 > > OK panic over! I had shelled into the wrong system! The mystery is
5 > > what I was trying to copy to, the machine only has one HD.
8 > It would probably just have created a normal file called /dev/sdb
9 > which would have grown till it filled the empty space on the
10 > partition.
11
12 Yes, that's what it did, though it didn't fill the partition up. Phew,
13 that's a relief, I was worrying I had overwritten the BIOS or
14 something!
15
16 Thanks
17 Robin
18 --
20 Robin Atwood.
21
22 "Ship me somewheres east of Suez, where the best is like the worst,
23 Where there ain't no Ten Commandments an' a man can raise a thirst"
24 from "Mandalay" by Rudyard Kipling
36 This message has been scanned for viruses and
37 dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
38 believed to be clean.