From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Debian just voted in systemd for default init system in jessie
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2014 17:41:21
1 Tom Wijsman wrote:
2 > On Fri, 21 Mar 2014 07:10:49 -0500
3 > Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >
5 >> So let's get this straight. You want most everyone on this list to
6 >> change what they have to do to remove dups caused by you, instead of
7 >> you changing what you do to fix the problem?
8 > Everyone else is okay with it, as only one in a thousand speaks up
9 > about it; the problem rather is with that 0.1% than that it is with me,
10 > as I just use mailing lists as they are supposed to be used.
11
12 FYI. Most people don't say anything, they just blacklist you. After
13 that, you don't exist to them.
16 >> To put it another way, you want to inconvenience everyone else
17 >> instead of doing things the way everyone else does it and has done it
18 >> for a long time?
19 > That's what the Reply-To header mungling does; it makes you unable to
20 > tell me through the Reply-To header what you want, and as a result I
21 > need to use the default than to be able to automatically respect it.
22 >
23 > As can be seen, that is an automatic guarantee that it will reach you.
24 >
25 > Just as well as the automatic guarantee that the same Message ID is the
26 > same message; and thus, your mail client should be filtering duplicates.
29 To my knowledge, the only emails I have not got when someone sent to
30 this mailing list is when the mailing list server had problems and that
31 was a long long time ago. You send a email to the list and the list
32 gets the email. There is NO need to CC everyone so that they get dups.
33 Period. We don't need a CC guarantee.
36 >> Here's a hint. I can see a LOT of people adding you to their
37 >> blacklist. You could very well end up talking to yourself on this
38 >> mailing list.
39 > Here's a hint. Lots of people appear to respond to me.
42 This is a COMMUNITY effort here and you seem to not want to be a part of
43 the community. When I first came here, my email program sent html. I
44 was told that HTML is not appreciated here. Some even provided examples
45 of why it is not appreciated. I asked how to change that, I was given
46 the help needed to change it and I have made sure that it remained that
47 way since. There was a point in time where I changed software and
48 couldn't find the setting. I asked if anyone knew where it was and got
49 the help needed to get it set back to plain text, as EVERYONE else does
50 on this list.
51
52 If you don't want to be here by the standards set, say good bye. I'm
53 trying to help you by telling you this. People will blacklist you and
54 never say a word about it. I suspect quite a few already has. It would
55 be wise to change your way of handling this list or you will lose.
56
57 Dale
58
62 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!