From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is it just me? Or everyone has this openoffice2 problem?
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 18:50:01
1 Zhang Weiwu wrote:
2
3 >It took me one day to emerge from source. I tried SEARCH_DIRS_MASK but
4 >that doesn't work for me.
8 Yes, the SEARCH_DIRS_MASK is only for revdep-rebuild and for those who
9 merged the binary package. You do not need it when merging from source,
10 and has no effect on your ability to start OOo.
11
12 >These are the packages that I would merge, in order:
13 >
14 >Calculating dependencies ...done!
15 >[ebuild R ] app-office/openoffice-2.0.0 +curl +eds +gnome +gtk
16 >+java -kde +ldap +mozilla -nas +xml2 +zlib 0 kB
20 Well, these USE flags are quite different than what I use, so comparing
21 to my system is probably not useful.
22
23 But, could you try an "equery check openoffice", and see if it reports
24 any problems?
25
26 I remember that when I compiled OOo2, it took over 3Gb of space in /var,
27 and my /usr/lib/openoffice directory is using 228M. Maybe you ran out
28 of disk space at some point during the merge, which is why you are
29 missing files???
30
31 -Richard
34 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list