From: Fernando Meira <fmeira@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] struggling with dri
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 17:51:40
1 On 10/10/05, Jason Cooper <gentoo@××××××××××.net> wrote:
2 >
3 > Kevin Hanson (tuxpert@×××××××.net) scribbled:
4 > > I've got a radeon mobility 9200 in my laptop and have compiled
5 > > CONFIG_AGP=m, CONFIG_AGP_INTEL=m, CONFIG_DRM=m, and CONFIG_DRM_RADEON=m.
6 > >
7 > > Interestingly enough, agpgart module loads at boot but intel_agp
8 > > doesn't. Modprobe of intel_agp produces no errors, but lsmod shows it's
9 > > not loaded. Nothing in log files either. When X is started, drm and
10 > > radeon modules load up, but dri still doesn't work, probably because agp
11 > > isn't working.
12 >
13 > Do you have agpgart in /etc/modules.autoload.d/kernel-2.6 ? replace it
14 > with intel_agp, then place radeon on the line following. intel_agp will
15 > draw in agpgart, and radeon must be loaded after those are in.
16 >
17 > hth,
18 >
19 > jason.
22 I think I have radeon driver built-in the kernel.. does that mean that it is
23 loaded before agpgart?
24 agpgart and intel_agp are both modules...
25
26 should I them recompile my kernel and leave radeon as module?
27
28 Fernando