From: Mike Kazantsev <mike_kazantsev@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] X-forwarding fails with "Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 key"
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 18:00:07
1 On Fri, 24 Apr 2009 08:01:59 -0700
2 Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > X-forwarding used to work for me but I haven't used it in a while and now I get:
5 >
6 > Warning: untrusted X11 forwarding setup failed: xauth key data not generated
7 > Warning: No xauth data; using fake authentication data for X11 forwarding.
8 > Xlib: connection to "localhost:10.0" refused by server
9 > Xlib: Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 key
10 > Cannot open display:
11 >
12 > I have:
13 >
14 > # cat /etc/ssh/sshd_config | grep X11Forwarding
15 > X11Forwarding yes
16 >
17 > Does anyone know how to fix this?
18
19 I remember fixing similar problem with "xhost +localhost" line.
20 Don't really remember why it helped, since I lack basic knowledge of X
21 authentication mechanisms.
24 Mike Kazantsev // fraggod.net