From: Tom H <tomh0665@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] shutdown: /run/initctl: No such file or directory ???
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2018 22:02:30
1 On Fri, Mar 30, 2018 at 4:36 PM, Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Fri, Mar 30, 2018 at 3:56 PM, <tuxic@××××××.de> wrote:
3 >>
4 >> just a minute before I wanted to shutdown my Linux box...and...
5 >> shutdown: /run/initctl: No such file or directory
6 >
7 > See bug 651990. https://bugs.gentoo.org/651990
8 >
9 > Either upgrade to sysvinit-2.89-r1, or run the following command
10 > before rebooting or changing runlevels.
11 >
12 > ln -s /dev/initctl /run/initctl
13
14 2.89?! A new version after so many years!
15
16 Looking at the upstream changelog:
17
18 Added Robert Millan's Debian patch to use /run/initctl as the named pipe
19 for communicating. This works around a limitation on the kFreeBSD branch
20 which prevents us from using /dev/initctl for pipes.