From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Getting past captchas with vision issues.
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2020 22:50:41
1 caveman رجل الكهف wrote:
2 > ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
3 > On Tuesday, September 29, 2020 5:50 AM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >
5 >> Anyone find a way around those things yet?
6 > i found that if we disable javascript in your
7 > browser, then goog will show us a more friendly
8 > captcha that is much easier to solve.
9 >
10 > also as a side note, before you doubt your vision,
11 > i must say that these captchas themselves contain
12 > an intrinsic error.
13 >
14 > e.g. i solve them correctly, and know others that
15 > solve them correctly, but they keep declaring that
16 > we are not humans! imagine a machine telling me
17 > that i'm not a human? we are already being
18 > oppressed by the robots!
19 >
20 > i've actually learned to intentionally do some
21 > mistakes, to seem more human. for example, i try
22 > to avoid selecting small edges of requested
23 > objects because i guess most people who click on
24 > the captchas are normal people that are still
25 > blessed with natural stupidity (something we nerds
26 > eventually lost as we evolved with the PC).
32 Some sites won't work without java.  I use noscript to block as much as
33 I can.  With a much older adblock, I could block specific scripts with
34 it, even if they are not ads.  The modern adblock either can't do that
35 or I can't figure out how to do it.  In the adblock I use for Seamonkey,
36 woefully outdated I'm sure, I can list blockable elements.  Then I block
37 the scripts I don't want ran OR I make exceptions for the few I need for
38 the site to work and block all others.  I may try your way just to see
39 if it is a option at least.
40
41 I know what you mean about small parts of something being in a image.
42 I'm sure I've done that a few times as well.  I just wish they would
43 come up with a better way to do things.  At some point, the internet
44 could become more trouble than it is worth.
45
46 Thanks.
47
48 Dale