From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] JPG attachments - Macintosh BinHex-encoded file
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 15:25:06
1 Hi,
2 I'm in Gnome and received what appear to be some JPG files from a
3 friend. When I try to open them I get the following message:
6 The filename "DSCN2448.JPG" indicates that this file is of type "JPEG
7 image". The contents of the file indicate that the file is of type
8 "Macintosh BinHex-encoded file". If you open this file, the file might
9 present a security risk to your system.
10
11 Do not open the file unless you created the file yourself, or received
12 the file from a trusted source. To open the file, rename the file to
13 the correct extension for "Macintosh BinHex-encoded file", then open
14 the file normally. Alternatively, use the Open With menu to choose a
15 specific application for the file.
18 Is this is some new virus or is there some setup that needs to be
19 done to be able to look at them?
20
21 Thanks,
22 Mark