From: Chris Boot <bootc@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Turning OFF font-hinting globally?
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 09:32:03
1 Oscar Carlsson wrote:
2
3 > Take a look at this file:
4 > /etc/fonts/local.conf
5 >
6 > You can turn on / off the font hinting / whatever from there.
7 > There are a few nice font tutorials over at gentoo-wiki.com
8 > <http://gentoo-wiki.com> if you're intrested.
9 >
10 > I can't help you with the GDM-part, tho :(
11 >
12 > On 8/14/05, *Chris Boot* <bootc@×××××.net <mailto:bootc@×××××.net>>
13 > wrote:
14 >
15 > Hi all,
16 >
17 > Call me a heretic, but I want to turn OFF font hinting globally in X,
18 > most particularly I'd like it off in GDM. I've turned it off in my own
19 > Gnome prefs, but tht obviously doesn't touch GDM.
20 >
21 > As an added bonus, can I change the fonts GDM uses?
22 >
23 > Thanks,
24 > Chris
25 >
26 > --
27 > Chris Boot
28 > bootc@×××××.net <mailto:bootc@×××××.net>
29 > http://www.bootc.net/
30 > --
31 > gentoo-user@g.o <mailto:gentoo-user@g.o> mailing list
34 Ah thanks, I looked there but seemed to completely miss the font-related
35 HOWTOs.
36
37 Lovely stuff!
38