From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-* slot conflict
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 14:18:44
1 On Thursday 25 Aug 2011 14:55:29 you wrote:
2 > On Thu 25 August 2011 14:38:10 Mick wrote:
3 > > What's the solution to this slot conflict?
4 > > ===================================
5 > > # emerge -uaDv world
6 >
7 > > These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
8 > That upgrade should be seamless with recent portage versions.
9 >
10 > Do you have specific emul versions in world? Remove the versioning.
11
12 Hmm ... no I do not have any emul-linux packages in my world file:
13
14 # less /var/lib/portage/world | grep emul-linux
15 #
16
17 > Otherwise you can just unmerge all the 20110722 stuff and let portage
18 > figure it out. There's no rebuilding to be done, it just unpacks
19 > tarballs.
20
21 Thanks, I saw the warning about conflicting slots and wanted to make sure I
22 won't cause any (significant) breakage. Do you mean that I should unmerge the
23 previous versions (20110129)?
26 Regards,
27 Mick