From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] doc USE flag causes "circular dependencies" error
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 00:10:42
1 On Monday 26 February 2007 00:55:04 Bob Young wrote:
2 > I'm bringing up a new Gentoo box, and last night I successfully merged
3 > xorg-x11, this morning when I tried to merge KDE, I got a circular
4 > dependencies error. As a first troubleshooting step I trimmed my USE flags
5 > down to a minimum and found the error went away. After several rounds of
6 > adding/removing lines/individual USE flags I found that the "doc" flag was
7 > the source of the error:
8 [SNIP]
9 > Am I doing something wrong?
10 >
11 > Is this a known issue?
12 >
13 > Is there an alternative other than disabling the doc USE flag?
14
15 When you've emerged the packages with the doc USE flag disabled you will be
16 able to enable the flag and remerge the packages with --newuse as the
17 packages will then be installed which means the circular deps are already
18 satisfied. And yes, this is a known issue. Hopefully portage 2.1.3 will have
19 a better solution..
22 Bo Andresen