From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kernel 2.6.37 : MCE problem
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 21:08:31
1 On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 1:53 PM, Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net> wrote:
2 > I've just installed & compiled  gentoo-sources-2.6.37
3 > & am getting msgs in all my terminals
4 >
5 >  Message from syslogd@localhost at Tue Jan 18 14:32:38 2011 ...
6 > localhost kernel: [Hardware Error]: No human readable MCE decoding support on this CPU type.
7 >
8 > Message from syslogd@localhost at Tue Jan 18 14:32:38 2011 ...
9 > localhost kernel: [Hardware Error]: Run the message through 'mcelog --ascii' to decode.
10 >
11 > There seems to be no change in config options re MCE since 2.6.33 ,
12 > the previous kernel, which doesn't suffer from this internal spam.
13 > My CPU is an Intel Core 2 Duo.  Everything else seems to be working ok.
14 >
15 > Does anyone have any idea what's going on ?
16
17 No, but this seems possibly relevant:
18
19 http://bkhome.org/blog/?viewDetailed=02069