From: "Mickaël Bucas" <mbucas@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] nx / nxclient - replacement
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2017 10:26:41
1 2017-02-06 10:55 GMT+01:00 Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@××××××.be>:
2 > On 02/06/2017 08:53:19 AM, thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
3 >>
4 >> Are there any good replacement for "nx / nxclient" in Linux?
5 >> NX is long time gone from portage. I hope, I can still install them
6 >> from atic.
7 >> This was another reason I wasn't upgrading for a long time as I need
8 >> them to access remote boxes in GUI.
11 > I have net-misc/x2goclient (and net-misc/x2goserver) installed.
12 > But I think, x2goserver has to be installed on the remote system.
13
14 There is also Guacamole, whose main advantage is that the client is a browser.
15 The architecture seems a bit complex.
16 I intend to try it but I can tell currently how good it is.
17 http://guacamole.incubator.apache.org/
18 It's masked in Portage :
19 net-misc/guacamole-server
20 www-apps/guacamole