From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Question about net.ppp0 and layout
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 22:01:47
1 On Tuesday 05 September 2006 01:09, Walter Dnes wrote:
2 > Error messages listed below, but not as clear as I would like. I'm
3 > doing an update, and running into problems with net-dialup/ppp, the
4 > second last file in the list. Before doing anything rash, like deleting
5 > files I need, I'd like to confirm whether I should do it. I do not have
6 > ppp come up on dialup. I use dialup as emergency backup for my ADSL
7 > connection. I set up the connection with pppconfig, and dial out with
8 > pon, enabled for my regular account via /etc/sudoers.
9 >
10 > Should I delete the files, yes or no?
11
12 I moved them (just in case) emerged the new ppp package and everything worked
13 fine until I upgraded gcc (but that's another story). Now my ltmodem comes
14 up with this error:
15 ================================================
16 # modprobe -v ltmodem
17 insmod /lib/modules/2.6.17-gentoo-r7/ltmodem/ltmodem.ko
18 FATAL: Error inserting ltmodem
19 (/lib/modules/2.6.17-gentoo-r7/ltmodem/ltmodem.ko): Invalid module format
21 I'll recompile my kernel (in case it needs to be recompiled with the new gcc),
22 rinse and repeat - but I am drifting away: Yes, move the files and proceed
23 with the emerge. I had no issues whatsoever and the dial up connection
24 worked fine following the emerge. However, your mileage may vary.
25
26 HTH
27 --
28 Regards,