From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Specifying file size in dvd::rip
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 12:40:48
1 On Tuesday 12 December 2006 02:28, Thomas Rösner wrote:
2 > Mick wrote:
3 > > How do you set dvd::rip to end up with a 16:9 aspect avi file taking up
4 > > close to (but no more than) 4.7G?
5 >
6 > It's really pretty unusual to make avis that large. Are you using XviD?
7 > There is a maximum quality you can achieve with each codec. With 4.7 GB
8 > target size, you could as well use MPEG2. Or try h264 (wild guess, but
9 > this is the codec with the best quality in linuxland atm).
10
11 Thanks Thomas,
12
13 Yes, I am using xvid which is using the h263 quantization method by default.
14 Should I choose mpeg instead of h263?
15
16 Other codecs offered by dvd::rip are:
17
18 vidx4
19 vidx5
20 xvid
21 xvid2
22 xvid3
23 xvid4
24 ffmpeg
25 fame
26 af6
27
28 xvid is the default codec selection. I can't find h264 in the transcode
29 options.
30 --
31 Regards,
32 Mick