From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE -> Shutdown - Sometimes it's there, other times it's not......
Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 23:41:33
1 Andrew Lowe wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 > Running an unstable 64 bit KDE desktop. Sometimes when it comes time to
4 > shut down, I go to the "K" thingy on the menu bar, select "Leave" ->
5 > "Shut down" and then hit the button on the dialogue that pops up, and in
6 > turn the machine shuts down.
7 >
8 > Other times, after selecting "Shut down", no dialogue comes up. Even if
9 > I wait 30 seconds, the default shutdown wait period, the machine does
10 > not shut down. In this case, I now have to resort to firing up a
11 > terminal then as root running "shutdown -h now". This will in turn cause
12 > the shutdown.
13 >
14 > Does anyone have any ideas as to why sometimes the dialogue, and hence
15 > the shutdown process, does work and others it does not? Any thoughts are
16 > greatly appreciated.
17 >
18 > Andrew
19 >
20 > .
23 I had a power outage earlier and had to shutdown. I noticed that when I
24 right click on the desktop to get the menu to pop up, it finally popped
25 up, after some waiting. I did some KDE updates last night and that was
26 the first time I recall it doing it on my rig. Thing is, I have a 4
27 core 3.2GHz CPU so speed shouldn't be a issue when little else is running.
28
29 It is odd but based on other replies, I suspect a bug, maybe one old one
30 and one newer one since I just had the problem today after updating last
31 night. ;-)
32
33 At least you are not alone.
34
35 Dale
36
40 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!