From: "mike@×××××××.us" <mike@×××××××.us>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Switching to clocksource tsc: takes AGES on boot
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 00:08:16
1 (Sorry that the threading is broken, I was looking at this in the list
2 archive and don't still have the mails from earlier, which I probably
3 mass-deleted...)
4
5 This sounds suspiciously like an error loading firmware, which can
6 happen when you have a video adapter or WiFi adapter that needs
7 firmware, but doesn't have have the right one.
8
9 Are there any firmware-related messages in your dmesg?
10
11 --- Mike
14 A man who reasons deliberately, manages it better after studying Logic
15 than he could before, if he is sincere about it and has common sense.
16 --- Carveth Read, “Logic”