From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Fonts and OpenOffice
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 16:28:38
1 On 06/11/2009 06:46 PM, Marco wrote:
2 > how can i see if a font is a bitmap or a truetype?
3
4 If it offers all sizes instead of only a few ones, it's truetype. If
5 not, it's bitmap.
6
7 I don't think a truetype version of Helvetica is in any portage package.
8 You will have to grab the font from somewhere else and install it
9 manually. If you're using KDE, you can do that with its font installer.
10
11 There's a clone of Helvetica though in the media-fonts/liberation-fonts
12 package. It's recreation of Helvetica, Times and Courier with a "free"
13 license. I prefer the original though; it's easy to get it if you can
14 use Google.