From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Memory cards and deleting files.
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2020 11:12:33
1 On Mon, 22 Jun 2020 06:56:43 -0400, Walter Dnes wrote:
2
3 > > The SD standard says >33G should use exFAT, this is why many devices
4 > > state they only support cards up to 32G. The really mean they only
5 > > support FAT. My Dashcam is like this but it happily works with a 128G
6 > > card, once I reformatted it with FAT.
7 >
8 > Warning; that still does not change the fact that each individual file
9 > cannot exceed 4G in size on regular FAT.
10
11 That's right, but a device designed to work with only FAT should never
12 try to save larger files. Any such devices I have used tend to split
13 videos into chunks of 1GB or smaller.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 Confucius say :
20 He who play in root, eventually kill tree!