From: dhk <dhkuhl1108@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Kernel does not boot with Docker configured
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2019 12:40:09
My current kernel is 4.14.65 built with genkernel.  When the .config file
from that is used to build a new kernel with the 4.14.83 version the system
boots fine.  However, after making the docker changes (configured using
https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Docker) the kernel does not boot and the
system does not get far enoung to produce a log.

It looks like the failure is in the switch from initramfs to the
genkernel.  When shell is typed at the prompt, followed by df -h, the lvm
partitions are not there.  The device mapper is built in and the kernel is
fine before docker is configured.  it looks like some of the docker setting
do not work well with lvm.  The .config file is attached.

How can I install and run docker on my current system that runs lvm?

Thank you in advance.

config application/octet-stream