From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kernel panick after time while compiling....
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 22:25:13
1 Tamer Higazi wrote:
2 > It's usually a quality power supply unit, that made it 6 years.
3 >
4 > However, what I find totally strange, at the same time. That
5 > applications die during my work.
6 >
7 > Totally strange, like "clock" dies, and restarts. Eclipse dies, firefox
8 > dies.....
9 >
10 > I have the feeling that memory and power supply are making me headache.
13 > windows died yesterday during installation of .NET SP 4.5 fixes.....
14 >
15 > The machine drives me nuts.... However, I am getting myself a new machine.
18 > Tamer
21 On a really really old system many years ago, I had random reboots, lock
22 ups and such. I swapped P/S, memory and other components that I could
23 but it still did it. I finally figured it had to be something hard
24 wired on the motherboard and just replaced the whole thing. I figure a
25 controller chip or something was the problem.
26
27 One thing about puters and random problems, they are hard to nail down.
28 P/S and memory are a common problem but something bad on the mobo can
29 give the same symptoms. Basically, you have to replace stuff until it
30 stops doing whatever it shouldn't be doing. I have seen people have
31 enough parts to build a second rig short the case of course. As always,
32 it is the last thing you replace and sometimes it can be the last thing
33 you CAN replace. ;-)
34
35 Personally, I'd prefer one that doesn't work at all. Tends to narrow it
36 down a lot. If replacing the P/S don't fix it, time for a new build.
37 It is dead. For a 6 year old puter, I'd just have to try fixing it
38 tho. I usually get at least 8 years out of a build.
39
40 Dale
41
45 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!