From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] re: nVidia GeForce 210 and nvidia-drivers-334.21-r3
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2014 01:18:51
1 On 04/14/2014 07:39 AM, Alexander Kapshuk wrote:
2 > I've had to replace my GPU today. Prior to attempting to start X with
3 > the new GPU in, I thought I'd pull in the latest updates and reboot the
4 > system. X wouldn't start as a result. I've googled for answers, but
5 > haven't found a solution so far.
6
7 Nvidia dropped support for the GeForce 210 in their 334 series. It's
8 still there in the 331 series, though, if you want to downgrade.
9
10 Same thing happened to me a while ago with my old 7800GT. I don't have
11 any reason to buy a new GPU, so I switched to nouveau.
12
13 Reference: http://www.nvidia.com/object/unix.html (pick a version, and
14 hit "Supported Products").