From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Konqueror Go menu - missing items
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 20:44:22
1 Hi,
2
3 Any KDE experts in the house?
4
5 Short question: What determines how the Go menu in Konqueror is
6 populated?
7
8 Long version: I used to have nice items in this menu - System, Trash,
9 Removeable Media stuff plus some preconfigured ssh/fish connections. I
10 find these things to be handy. A while ago they went away and I only
11 noticed it after a while, too late to spot what changed just before.
12 Now the only this in the menu are History, Most Often Visited and a
13 list of the last 10 URLs used.
14
15 With genlop I found some stuff going on round about that time:
16
17 Emerge kde-4 then ran it with the ~/.kde link still pointing to
18 ~/.kde3.5
19 Emerge kde-3.5.9
20 Upgrade hal to 0.5.10
21 Remove zeroconf and avahi
22
23 I investigated each of those, downgraded hal and put zeroconf back, no
24 joy. I thought kde-4 might have screwed the 3.5.9 config dirs, so
25 moved .kde3.5/ out of the way and re-started Konqueror, no joy.
26 Konqueror-4 shows the same behaviour.
27 My normal wm is e17, this does not appear to affect it as I get the same
28 with a KDE desktop as well.
29
30 The Google-force is not strong with this one, got no sane search
31 results. Can't find any config settings in $KDE_DIR that look relevant
32 either. Can't find anything in KDE changelog to indicate if this
33 feature is removed.
34
35 So now I'm clueless and have no idea where to look next. Help, anyone?
38 Alan McKinnon
39 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com
42 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list