From: louis brazeau <lbrazeau@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Return from the dead... almost
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 19:24:47
1 > > peter@crichton ~ $ su -
2 > > Password:
3 > > configuration error - unknown item 'FAILLOG_ENAB' (notify administrator)
4 > > configuration error - unknown item 'LASTLOG_ENAB' (notify administrator)
5 > > configuration error - unknown item 'MOTD_FILE' (notify administrator)
6 > > configuration error - unknown item 'FTMP_FILE' (notify administrator)
7 > > configuration error - unknown item 'ENV_ROOTPATH' (notify administrator)
8 > > configuration error - unknown item 'PASS_MIN_LEN' (notify administrator)
9 > > configuration error - unknown item 'CHFN_AUTH' (notify administrator)
10 > > root ~ $
13 I had exactly the same messages after updating pam-login (because,
14 even though it told me too, I didn't etc-update right away). After
15 running etc-update and replacing the old config file with the new one,
16 everything was fine.
17
18 So my guest is, you still have the old config file in your system. Try
19 to emerge pam-login again.
20
21 Good luck
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list