From: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT - Question about new bash [SOLVED]
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 14:29:11
1 znx wrote:
2
3 > No it can't be that, see the "for" before hand, that will separate at
4 > whitespace by default
5
6 No, it won't. Try it.
7
8 > (unless you tamper with IFS), so the variable
9 > tested will be without whitespace,
10
11 No, it won't.
14 > I can only guess its a charset or
15 > similar that is causing the issue.
16
17 I rather suppose, that he has filenames with spaces.
18
19 > Anyway, good to see that it sorted it, point for the future, quote your
20 > variables in [ ] 's :)
21
22 Of course - ever and always quote variables, unless you can be
23 totally certain about the contents.
24
25 Alexander Skwar
26 --
27 You're gonna have to answer to the Coca-Cola company.
28 -- Colonel "Bat" Guano, "Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to
29 Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb"
30 --
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list