From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Cross-compiling
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 23:49:30
1 On Sat, 2007-10-20 at 17:23 +0300, Stratos Psomadakis wrote:
2 > O/H Michael Sullivan έγραψε:
3 > > I've read over the guide at
4 > > http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/cross-compiling-distcc.xml about
5 > > cross-compiling with distcc. This may be a really stupid question, but
6 > > how do I force my slow box to use cross-compiling via distcc? Is there
7 > > some special option I have to pass to emerge to invoke it? The guide
8 > > was not very clear on that point....
11 > look here: http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/distcc.xml
12 > you just have to put "distcc" in FEATURES in make.conf...
13 > and use distcc-config --set-hosts to specify the participating machines...
14
15 make sure you put the other faster machines first in the host list.
16
17 > and of course start distccd in each partitipating pc...
18
19 but after all that, some ebuilds don't let you use distcc because it
20 seems to break them. So don't expect it to work for everything.
21
22 cya,
26 The complexity of software is an essential property, not an accidental one.
27 Hence, descriptions of a software entity that abstract away its complexity
28 often abstract away its essence.
29 - Fred Brooks, Jr.
32 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list