From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Tool for monitoring what's using the hard drive
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 22:08:32
1 On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 07:16:49 -0500, Michael Sullivan wrote:
2
3 > Is there a tool similar to `top` that will tell me what's using my hard
4 > drive? My hard drive clicks a lot when I don't think it should, and I'd
5 > really like to know what program is using it. Sometimes it's so bad
6 > that I have to manually power down the machine and restart it...
7
8 I'd check it with smartmontools.
12 Neil Bothwick
13
14 "Give me Liberty, fries, and two cokes to go!" "*CUT!*"