From: Arve Barsnes <arve.barsnes@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] cleaning /var/lib/portage/world
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2017 13:41:26
1 On 16 August 2017 at 13:32, Francisco Ares <frares@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > But, after backing up the original "world" file and replacing with the one
4 > built by the script, things don't work as expected, as a lot of packages
5 > were orphaned, by checking with "depclean".
6 >
7 > Anyone could tell me what did I miss?
10 You're probably getting false positives from equery, as you haven't taken
11 USE flags into consideration.
12
13 An example:
14 # equery d unrar
15 app-arch/rar-5.5.0_p20170811 (all_sfx ? app-arch/unrar)
16 app-emulation/winetricks-20170614 (rar ? app-arch/unrar)
17
18 I don't have the USE="rar" set on winetricks, so although it is correct
19 that rar would keep unrar available, since I have USE="all_sfx" set, your
20 script will make the wrong choice if I don't have rar installed.
21
22 Cheers,
23 Arve