From: Andreas Fink <finkandreas@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Update gentoo from live usb?
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2022 17:03:45
1 On Sun, 30 Jan 2022 02:24:32 -0600
2 Michael Jones <gentoo@×××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Going forward, you could consider having your build host take a snapshot /
5 > backup of the binpkgs it builds every 3-6 months, with the associated
6 > portage tree, so that you can use those to update your sporadically updated
7 > machines.
8
9 Yes, for the future I'm going to take snapshots of the binpkgs+portage.
10 But the first update will not profit from this idea, since they have
11 not been updated for quite some time now.
12 But thanks for the idea to save me some headache in the future :)