From: Mick <michaelkintzios@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] kooka copy fails to print, etc.
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 23:38:41
1 Hi All,
2
3 I have been trying to use a CanoScan N650U scanner to copy a printed A4
4 sheet of corporate headed paper with some black text (a typical letter,
5 nothing too complicated in terms of image quality).
6
7 I used xsane and kooka. Xsane prints it directly, but the image is
8 misaligned on the page (the header logo is chopped in half). It's as if
9 the page has been zoomed into. I have selected Full Size so I don't know
10 why this happens. Can it be adjusted - how?
11
12 Kooka on the other hand scales and centers the image nicely, no manual
13 intervention is required. However, it does not print directly but always
14 saves the scanned image as a file. If I select it and press print an error
15 comes up saying that it won't print because the file is 0 bytes in
16 size. :-@
17
18 On top of all this, choosing to copy it in colour (there's a bit of colour
19 in the company logo in the header) the page shows up in the viewer and
20 later on prints rather dark and 'greyed out'. M$Windoze on the other hand
21 using the Canon software prints the page much brighter with no blurring or
22 greyed out background.
23
24 I find the xsane rather complicated to set up, because I have no idea what
25 the different settings actually do. I was hoping that the default settings
26 would work at least as nice, if not nicer than the equivalent application
27 in Windoze, but that is not the case.
28
29 Would any kind soul be able to help with Gamma, etc. settings for xsane to
30 work satisfactorily with this scanner.
31 --
32 Regards,
33 Mick
36 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list