From: Randy Barlow <randy@×××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Why isn't my net.eth1 finishing startup
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 15:29:59
1 So I've learned a bit more about why my wireless interface may not be
2 using DHCP - apparently the startup script isn't finishing.
3
4 rpbarlow@lappy786 ~ $ sudo rc
5 * Caching service dependencies ...
6 [ ok ]
7 * WARNING: netmount is scheduled to start when net.eth1 has started.
8 * WARNING: sshd is scheduled to start when net.eth1 has started.
9 * WARNING: backuppcApache2 is scheduled to start when net.eth1 has started.
10 rpbarlow@lappy786 ~ $ sudo /etc/init.d/net.eth1 start
11 * WARNING: net.eth1 has already been started.
12 rpbarlow@lappy786 ~ $ sudo /etc/init.d/net.eth1 status
13 * status: inactive
14
15 Just to refresh, the interface seems to be using an IPv6 address, and
16 doesn't use dhcp. If I manually call dhcpcd eth1, then I can use the
17 interface, but my other services still think that net.eth1 isn't started.
18 How can I determine why the script is getting stuck? Thanks for any help
19 you can offer!
22 Randy Barlow
23 http://www.electronsweatshop.com
24 "Oh me of little faith..."