From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE takes ages to show password screen after suspend
Date: Fri, 07 May 2010 21:19:21
1 On Friday 07 May 2010 19:26:46 András Csányi wrote:
2 > On 7 May 2010 19:33, Roman Naumann <roman_naumann@××××××××.fm> wrote:
3 > > Hi,
4 > >
5 > > when I suspend my computer, KDE locks the session. This usually happens,
6 > > when I close my laptop lid.
7 > >
8 > > When I open it again, it takes 1 to 20 seconds (seamingly random) untill
9 > > the login screen appears. During this time, I just see a black screen and
10 > > a mouse pointer (somewhere), but I cannot move it.
11 > >
12 > > If no X server is started, i.e. I'm on the shell, the computer always
13 > > responds after a second or so when the laptop lid is opened again.
14 > >
15 > > Any ideas what causes this or how to fix it?
16 >
17 > Suspend is that when the computer isn't off just the things stays in
18 > memory, isn't? When the contents of the memory is writed to the disk
19 > and the machine is get off that is the hibernate function, isn't?
20 >
21 > It is possible that when you close the lid the contents of memory
22 > writed to the disk and reading this few hundred Mbyte - on my laptop
23 > KDE is eating ~800 Mbyte memory, the hungry Beast! :) - takes that
24 > long time what you mentioned?
25 > I'm not a big hacker just I'm thinking over it. :$
26
27 I haven't got the answer I'm afraid, but it happens the same here with a
28 desktop machine - no lid. It takes up to 45 seconds for the screen to wake
29 up! The PC starts up immediately, but the screen stays blank.
30
31 In MSWindows, the screen becomes alive within seconds.
32 --
33 Regards,
34 Mick