From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] splitdebug
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 21:41:14
1 On 6/14/06, Bo Ørsted Andresen <bo.andresen@××××.dk> wrote:
2 > If I want to take full advantage of the new splitdebug feature. Should I then
3 > emerge -e world? I don't think the backtraces doc [1] answers that.
4
5 For "full" advantage, yes, you would need to emerge -e world, since
6 otherwise the debugging information will only be generated for new
7 merges. And of course, any binary packages won't get debug symbols in
8 any case.
9
10 But if there is a specific program you are wanting to get backtraces
11 from, you can simplify by just re-merging that program and dependant
12 libraries.
13
14 -Richard
17 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list