From: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] make -j 4 recoverable ?
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 06:37:27
1 Meino Christian Cramer wrote:
2
3 > With "make -j 4", which I could add to the make flags, compiling is a
4 > lot faster. But some packages may fail to compile.
5
6 No, packages should not fail to compile. If they do, it's
7 either a bug in the package itself or at least in the ebuild
8 and you should file a bug.
9
10 > Is it possible to recover from an unsuccessful run of "make -j 4"
11 > while emerging a packing without too much hassle and pain ?
12
13 MAKEOPTS="" emerge -1 $broken_package
16 Alexander Skwar
17 --
18 Linux: Where do you want to GO... Oh, I'm already there!
19
20 -- Ewout Stam
21 --
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list