From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Wow, the GTK3 file browser is awful!
Date: Mon, 22 May 2017 18:34:12
1 Having just recently allowed Firefox to upgrade from 45 to 52, I'm now
2 hobbled with the GTK3 file browser dialog.
3
4 It's horrible.
5
6 First of all, it's freaking _huge_! It wastes acres of display
7 real-estate. It was obviously designed by a megalomaniac who thinks
8 your computer belongs to him, and that while his filebrowser code is
9 running, nothing else must be visible.
10
11 I used to be able to just start typing a path. Now, that triggeres
12 some bizzarre "search" feature that shows a spinner for a minutes at a
13 time shows a long list of files I don't care about.
14
15 I've discovered that hitting Ctrl-L makes it minimally functional, and
16 I can at least enter a path again.
17
18 I shall probably die still longing for the days of GTK2...
21 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! I had pancake makeup
22 at for brunch!
23 gmail.com