From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] locale settings
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2006 13:51:27
1 On Wednesday 04 October 2006 15:28, Stefán István wrote:
2 > I have problem with the locale settings of my system. My main problem is,
3 > that I can't use some special hungarian characters in file names. They
4 > don't even appear on the console screen, when I try to type them.
5 > But in X applications mostly I can use these characters. But if I create a
6 > directory with Konqueror, in the resulted directory name these special
7 > characters are substituted with an ? sign.
8 > What shall I do to correct these problems?
9
10 How about reading and following the utf-8 guide?
11
12 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/utf-8.xml
15 Bo Andresen