From: deadeyes <gvm999@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: configure wlan0 route metric
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 11:42:09
1 Mick <michaelkintzios <at> gmail.com> writes:
4 > You can define the priority in your /etc/conf.d/net
5 >
6 > You can set this per wired/wireless interface; e.g.
7 >
8 > metric_eth0="100"
9 >
10 > Look at your /etc/conf.d/net.example for more details.
11 >
12 > HTH.
15 No offense, I had found out about this option (and tried it already):
16 "I found out I can modify the metric for the default route using metric_wlan0."
17
18 This however only changes the default route. Not the route for the local network
19 route.
20 Also metric_eth0 would give less priority to my wired network, which is not what
21 I want.
22
23 I was searching around the gentoo forums for ifmetric and found this piece of
24 code that can be added in /etc/conf.d/net:
25 postup() {
26 local metric=0
27
28 case "${IFACE}" in
29 eth0) metric=0 ;;
30 eth1) metric=1 ;;
31 esac
32 ifmetric "${IFACE}" "${metric}"
33
34 return 0
35 }
36
37 I'll try as soon as I can and add my experience with this.