From: "Timothy A. Holmes" <tholmes@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Kopete on Gentoo / Fluxbox (SLIGHT OT)
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 14:32:09
1 > David:
2 >
3 > I am currently using Xchat, which I like, but has a few annoyances to
4 > it as well, the biggest thing about kopete is having an all in one
5 > (and the IRC module in gaim is TERRIBLE!!!) as well as some easier to
6 > use interfaes and stuff
7 >
8 > TIM
9
10 Are there any specific niggles/annoyances? I'm not trying to crusade for
11 XChat users (being mainly an irssi man myself) just seeing if I can help
12 at all, as I can't help much with Kopete issues (I use it for AIM and
13 MSN only).
14
15 e.g. One thing that annoyed me about XChat was the throttling it did
16 when I tryed to /exec -o cowsay ;). /set net_throttle 0 worked perfectly
17 :>
18
19 Cheers
20
21 David
25 David:
26
27 My biggest complaint with xchat is that the notify system is very clunky
28 and difficult to use and is very very prone to false positives, as well,
29 it does not (that I have found) have a facility for keeping a list of
30 chans that you frequent etc (other than the autojoin on start function).
31
32 KVIRC works well for me but its quite unstable in some aspects, and the
33 notification (sounds etc) system for it is a bit hard to use as its
34 designed more for scripters etc.
35
36 Konversation is nice, but has problems with some IRC daemons, and im not
37 into the command line based stuff at all
38
39 Tim
42 Tim Holmes
43 IT Manager / Webmaster / Teacher