From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Massive kmail breakage with mariadb-10.4.6
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2019 21:35:21
1 On Tuesday, 9 July 2019 19:45:25 BST Wols Lists wrote:
2 > On 09/07/19 11:38, Peter Humphrey wrote:
3 > >> Eventually I noticed that mariadb had been upgraded, so I masked the
4 > >> latest
5 > >>
6 > >> > version and reverted to the older one. Lo! and Behold! Kmail sprang
7 > >> > back
8 > >> > into life.
9 > >
10 > > Today's update included dev-db/mysql-connector-c-6.1.11-r1 to -r2, so I
11 > > tried mariadb 10.4.6 again. No improvement.
12 >
13 > Do you need to update some mariadb disk format?
14 >
15 > I gather they changed something ages ago and you had to fix the database
16 > files. Broke my fetchmail/postfix setup and I couldn't work out how to
17 > fix it. Fortunately I wasn't using it as a mail store. That's not been
18 > working for a few years now.
19 >
20 > Could be the new mariadb doesn't recognise the old database files.
21 >
22 > Cheers,
23 > Wol
24
25 From what I recall when akonadictl starts its mysql database it runs an update
26 by default to sort out any changes to keys priveleges and what not, but this
27 version update may require a more manual intervention? I would have thought
28 there would be some e-news to this effect though.
29 --
30 Regards,
31
32 Mick