From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] AMD Phenom X6 & conkyrc: Only four temps?
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2010 18:07:38
1 Hi,
2
3 For my conky I setup the readout of /sys/class/hwmon*.
4 Under /sys/class/hwmon2/* I found six "files" which reflects
5 the six temperatures of the six cores of the cpu. Or: They should.
6
7 Conky only reports four temparatures, two remains "0".
8
9 I "cat"ed the according entries in the /sys/class/hwmon2/ and
10 found four reporting a temperature and two returned "0" -- so
11 conky was right here.
12
13 But: Is my CPU damaged? Is this a normal behaviour of this cpu?
14 And more interesting/horrorfying: Based on the "readout" of
15 "0" (Celsius) -- is it possible that certain selfprotecting
16 mechanisms will not work?
17
18 slighty nervous...
19 best regards,