From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] FF increasingly being bundled up
Date: Sat, 03 Oct 2015 18:22:38
1 On Saturday 03 Oct 2015 15:57:15 Rich Freeman wrote:
2
3 > I wouldn't expect using system sqllite to have any negative impact on
4 > other system packages using sqllite. It might or might not affect
5 > firefox performance if its sqllite build options are different from
6 > the system library. I believe some sqllite behavior settings are only
7 > configurable at build time.
8
9 Portage asked me to add this USE flag:
10
11 >=dev-db/sqlite-3.8.10.2 secure-delete
12
13 > Besides saving build time, using system libraries would save RAM and
14 > load time as well, since firefox would share those libraries with
15 > other programs vs loading private copies of them.
16
17 Yes, FF now takes a few milliseconds less to load. I didn't check the RAM it
18 occupies before and after, but what you say makes sense.
19 --
20 Regards,
21 Mick